We are currently building this page (February 2023) so will be adding more to it.
Research tells us these five simple ways can make a big difference to our happiness and help build our confidence and resilience.
It’s a bit like the well-being equivalent to ‘five fruit and vegetables a day’. Go on, try and build these simple actions into everyday life!
• Take time to talk about feelings and listen
• Talk about your day at mealtimes with your family
• Find activities you can enjoy together as a family
• Encourage yourself to see friends outside of school rather than by phone or online
2. Be active
• Go for a walk, run, skip, cycle, swim, dance – whatever you enjoy, indoors or outdoors
• Find a local group sport or activity you can join
• Exercise is a mood booster and a great way to feel good
3. Take notice
• Go to a park, woodland, the seaside or even a different part of Basingstoke so you can enjoy different environments in our diverse town.
• Notice how you are feeling and how you can process your emotions in a positive way
4. Keep learning
• Learning isn’t just for school. Read read ‘just for fun’
• Get your parents/carers to pass on skills like cooking, sewing, model making, photography and DIY so you learn some valuable life skills
• Be kind, share and show interest in others
• Do something nice for a friend, family member or charity